Steps to Recovery Homes is a growing non-profit that is looking for someone that is motivated to help us grow! We are looking for a self-starter who is interested in building a long-term career in the non-profit sector.
You will perform an array of functions that includes online posting, sales, updates, communications, and maintenance of various interface sites. Receive, inventory, itemize, photograph, and categorize all donations to the warehouse and maintain inventory, information, and systems of same. Research and price items received. Ensure timely donation pick-ups, delivery, packing, and shipping. Work with Operations Manager to retrieve and ensure restocking of the resale store on a timely basis.
· Perform daily tasks based on an assigned work plan.
· Maintain, promote, perform and track online sales activities and systems.
· Schedule customer appointments and make timely pickup and delivery.
· Respond to all email, phone and chat leads on all sites immediately
· Communicate with customers through phone, e-mails, chats, and personal visits; provide consistent follow-up.
· Maintain profitable and productive relationships with customers.
· Respond to customer queries promptly and professionally.
· Provide excellent services and ensure customer satisfaction.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge about product information and promotions.
· Develop sales strategies and determine sales forecasts and projections.
· Stay abreast with online interface sites, marketing trends, and competitors.
· Load and unload trucks; checking in merchandise; delivery and donation pick up
· Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to organizational standards and systems
· The ability to learn price items for sale accurately
· Refurbish donated items that need cleaning or repair
· Ensures all health and safety standards are followed, including proper clothing and safety equipment
· Assist Operations Coordinator with volunteers and job development clients
· Work with team to create and manage excellent customer experiences
· Additional responsibilities as needed
· Previous Online /Phone Sales Experience i.e., IT help desk, online retail, helpful
· Experience with a variety of interface marketing and selling sites
· Strong organizational, inventory, and systems understanding
· Solid time management/organizational skills
· Strong grammatical/writing skills
· Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
· Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, etc.)
· Regularly lift and/or move objects up to 100 lbs. occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
· Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
· Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
· Mathematical skills and the ability to handle transactions quickly and accurately.
· Positive, helpful attitude toward customers, including the ability to speak clearly and convey information accurately.
· Knowledge of register operation, including cash, credit cards, and register receipts.
· Proficiency with computers and social media websites.
· Team Player
· Patience, tolerance, and understanding
· Good communication skills
· Willing to learn
· Good listener
· Dependable, reliable, and trustworthy
· High School Diploma / GED or able to get a GED within 6 months
· Must be a Team Player who is flexible and willing to help out in different areas of our Operation if needed
· Must be drug and alcohol-free in accordance with Steps to Recovery Homes’ policy
· Pass a pre-employment drug screen
· Basic understanding of 12-step recovery programs a plus
· Arizona Resident
· Speak English
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record is required
· Computer /Online proficiency (Microsoft Office / Facebook /Offer up/ Let Go/Craig’s List, etc.)
· Inventory, equipment maintenance, data entry, and computer skills are required
· Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour